Thank you for your interest in Mentoring USA! We are currently processing applications based on the needs of our individual sites. All volunteers will be expected to complete our training and screening before starting to mentor.
Please note that though Mentoring USA is a national program, at the current time we can only accept online applications from mentors in the New York Metropolitan area.
Please email RECRUITMENT@MENTORINGUSA.ORG if you are interested in volunteering elsewhere.
MENTORING USA MODEL
What is one-to-one, site-based mentoring?
- Mentors and mentees meet in a supervised environment at a set time and location.
- Each mentor is matched with one mentee.
- Mentors commit to mentoring one school year for 3-6 hours per month.
- Sessions take place at our partner site; individual off-site activities are not permitted.
How are sessions supervised?
- A site supervisor is present at all mentoring sessions.
- The site supervisor represents the partner organization.
- As your main level of support, the site supervisor is available as a resource and to facilitate activities at sessions.
- The applicant MUST be 18 years of age or older.
- The applicant MUST make a one-year commitment to mentor a youth for 4-6 hours a month.
- The applicant MUST pass a criminal background check conducted by Mentoring USA.
- Submit an application
- Attend and participate in Mentoring USA’s New Mentor Training
- Complete Screening and Criminal Background Check
- Provide 3 professional references and brief interview
To learn more about becoming a mentor and our application process, click here.
APPLY Online NOW
Please check each box acknowledging that you have read and understand the commitment to become a mentor, in order to continue to the application.